Dungtse Lhakhang is located in Jangsa village opposite to Paro town across the river. The temple was founded by a Tibetan Buddhist saint Thangtong Gyalpo in 1421. The saint was also an architect and he built many iron chain bridges in Tibet and Bhutan. One of bridge connecting the Tamchog Lhakhang from the highway in Paro is still being used. The temple houses an extensive display of ancient murals which are regarded as one of the best in the country. According to the legend, the central tower moved and attempted a flight to Tibet during its consecration. Therefore the pinnacle tower was chained from four directions to the roof of the temple.